What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, certain fields will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and province). Your name and e-mail address are the only items required on the contact form. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Personal Information”). If you submit any Personal Information, you do so at your own risk and M. Bains Legal Professional Corporation and/or any of its employees will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide through the contact form will be used so that a Lawyer may respond to your inquiry. A submission of an inquiry and/or a response to an inquiry does not trigger the formation of a lawyer-client relationship.
Web Server Logs
When you visit the firm's website, information about your visit may be tracked and stored in web server logs, which are records of the activities on the site. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information that may be collected includes:
• your unique Internet protocol address;
• the name of your unique Internet service provider;
• the town/city, county/state and country from which you access the firm's website;
• the kind of browser or computer you use;
• the number of links you click within the site;
• the date and time of your visit;
• the web page from which you arrived to the site;
• the pages you viewed on the site; and
• certain searches/queries that you conducted via the website(s).
The information collected in web server logs helps administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
Who has access to the information?
M. Bains Legal Professioanl Corporation will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
• to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on the firm's behalf or in connection with their relationship with the firm;
• if the firm is unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated lawyer or firm that may be able to help you, then our firm may refer you and share information you provided vai the website with that party; and
• as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if the firm is acquired by another firm or if the firm is liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if the firm believe's in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect it's rights or property.